Click below news for more Details
The Board, Senior Management and all employees of NCM Investment are committed to effective Corporate Governance and the highest standard of professional behaviour and conduct. NCM is committed in promoting integrity and maintaining the highest standard of ethical conduct in all of its activities in compliance with CMA rules and regulation of Kuwait
The executive management was keen on developing a strategy that clearly reflects NCM’s vision, future trends, the tasks assigned to management and staff at all times. We are committed to maintain our customers and shareholder’s trust while earning the best reputation and credibility. This can only be achieved by exceeding our customers’ expectations.
CORPORATE GOVERNANCE AT NCM INVESTMENT
The CMA in 2015 has issued a set of instructions on corporate governance for licensed companies. CMA takes into account the structure of the Kuwaiti financial sector, the basic characteristics of the Kuwaiti economy and its integration with global economy as well as other factors that underline the critical importance of corporate governance at Kuwaiti companies. The instructions include the following:
1. Board of Directors
2. Corporate Values, Conflict of Interest and Group Structure
3. Senior Management
4. Risk Management & Internal Controls
5. Remuneration Policies and Procedures
6. Disclosure and Transparency
7. Complex Corporate Structure Pillar
8. Protection of Shareholders’ Rights Pillar
9. Protection of Stakeholders’ Rights
The following pages include a brief on each Pillar and the steps taken by NCM to implement the requirements under each Pillar in order to comply with the CMA instructions and promote good governance within NCM.
THE BOARD’S OVERALL RESPONSIBILITY
The Board has overall responsibility for the company, including overseeing the implementation of NCM investment’s strategic objectives, risk strategy, corporate governance and corporate values. The Board is also responsible for providing oversight of NCM’s senior management including the CEO.
The Board assumes ultimate responsibility for NCM business and its financial soundness, fulfilment of CMA requirements, protecting the legitimate interests of shareholders, staff and stakeholders and ensuring that NCM is managed in a prudent manner and within the applicable laws and regulations and the internal policies and procedures.
FORMATION OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Board of Directors consists of five members, allowing it to form (3) committees emanating from it within the framework of implementing the requirements of corporate governance by Capital Markets Authority of Kuwait, as the company took into account the formation of the Board of Directors of the educational and professional expertise and specialized skills that is required for the company to carry out its activities effectively and in enhancing efficiency in making administrative decisions.
The Chairman ensures the proper functioning of the Board and maintains a relationship of trust with the Board members. She/he ensures that Board decisions are taken on a sound and well-informed basis through proper discussion and dialogue. The Chairman establishes a constructive relationship between the Board and the senior management of NCM Investment and ensures a sound corporate governance standards are in place.
QUALIFICATIONS OF BOARD MEMBERS
It is the aim of NCM to have qualified and experienced members on the Board as well as the various Board Committees in order to serve the interests of NCM and its various shareholders and stakeholders. The Board Nomination & Remuneration Committee (NRC) assists the Board in the selection / appointment of Directors for the Board and its Committees by setting the basic criteria for such memberships. These are aimed at creating a Board capable of challenging, stretching and motivating management to achieve sustained, outstanding performance in all respects. Board members should be and remain qualified, including through training, for their positions. They should have a clear understanding of their role in corporate governance and be able to exercise sound and objective judgment about the affairs of NCM.
CODE OF CONDUCT
The Board of Directors, through the Code of Conduct and Ethics, defines appropriate corporate governance practices for the Board’s business and emphasizes that these rules are periodically reviewed for the purpose of continuous improvement. The code of professional conduct and business ethics should be circulated to all employees of "NCM Investment" and members of the Board of Directors whose signature is obtained to confirm their commitment to the contents contained therein.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
The Board of Directors has a formal written policy on conflict of interest that covers all issues and possibilities related to conflict of interest.
NCM Investment has a written policy for dealing with related parties, which includes the rules and procedures governing operations with related parties. NCM Investment maintains records of all related party transactions and these records are subject to appropriate scrutiny.
NCM Investment identifies its related parties in accordance with the definition contained in international accounting standards, and NCM Investment maintains updated records of these parties to control any transactions with it. Disclosure of transactions with related parties is in accordance with international accounting standards and international financial reporting standards in this regard and as required by local regulatory authorities, including Capital Markets Authority of Kuwait.
The Board of Director of the Company shall be fully responsible for implementing appropriate corporate governance systems among its subsidiaries subject to the supervision of the Capital Markets Authority, its regulations, instructions and decisions, as well as ensuring the existence of appropriate policies and mechanisms for this governance and for business and private risks surrounding the group and its entities.
COMMITTES EMANATING FROM THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Without abandoning its own responsibilities, the Board formed the following permanent committees with the aim of increasing the efficiency of its control over the committees' main operations:
o Audit Committee
o Risk Management Committee
o Nomination and Remuneration Committee
Audit Committee Members
Mr. Ali Arsalan Tariq – Committee Chairman
Mr. Mohammad Khalil Foulathi – Committee Member
Mr. Saud Abdulmohsen AlMarri – Independent Committee Member
Risk Management Committee Members
Mr. Mohammad Khalil Foulathi – Committee Chairman
Mr. Ali Arsalan Tariq - Committee Member
Mr. Saud Abdulmohsen AlMarri - Independent Committee Member
Nomination and Remuneration Committee Members
Mr. Fawad Tareq Khan – Committee Chairman
Mr. Mohammad Khalil Foulathi – Committee Member
Mr. Saud Abdulmohsen AlMarri - Independent Committee Member
Senior management consists of a core group of experienced and qualified individuals including the CEO and Executive Managers who are responsible and held accountable for overseeing the day-to-day management of NCM Investment. Under the direction of the Board, the senior management ensures that the activities are consistent with the business strategy, risk appetite and policies approved by the Board. The Board depends on the senior management’s competency in implementing the Board’s resolutions / decisions without any direct interference by the Board. Senior management contributes substantially to a sound corporate governance through personal conduct and by providing adequate oversight of those they manage. They are responsible for delegating duties to the staff and its monitoring thereof and establishing a management structure that promotes accountability and transparency.
Senior management is responsible for supervision and control over the business, particularly with respect to ensuring compliance, risk control, independence of functions and segregation of duties. They provide the Board with periodic transparent and objective financial and administrative reports.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is responsible to the Board for the overall management and performance of NCM.
The CEO manages NCM in accordance with the strategy, plans and policies as approved by the Board. The CEO is responsible for:
• Delivering on NCM’s strategic and operational plans as approved by the Board
• Referring transactions outside of his/her delegated authority to the Board
• Ensuring that all actions comply with NCM’s policies and with the laws
• All actions delegated to him/her by the Board
• The CEO act within the authority matrix approved by NCM’s Board of directors.
The performance of the CEO is to be reviewed by the Board on an annual basis. The remuneration of the CEO is to be considered by the Nominations and Remuneration Committee and a recommendation made to the Board following the annual review of performance.
NCM Investment is committed to achieving sustainable development for society in general and its employees in particular. NCM Investment is keen to implement its limited social responsibility by the Board of Directors to ensure participation in the economic and social development. The corporate social responsibility policy of "NCM Investment" has been professionally drafted within our marketing policy approved by the Board of Directors.
NCM has established an “Investor Relations Unit” responsible for providing information and reports required by shareholders.
FIRST: ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE OF THE UNIT
1. The company’s Board of Directors appoints the head of the Investors Unit who shall be a member of the Board of Directors or any of the company’s employees.
2. The Head of the Investors Unit may appoint an assistant from the company's employees if the need arises.
3. The functions and responsibilities of the Investors Unit are subject to the supervision of the Board of Directors.
SECOND: TASKS AND FUNCTIONS OF THE INVESTORS AND SHAREHOLDER UNIT
Without prejudice to what has been mentioned in Chapter Six of the Kuwaiti Companies Law regarding the rights and obligations of shareholders and the provisions and decisions of the Capital Markets Authority, in particular module fifteen: "Corporate Governance" of the Executive Regulations of the Law of Establishing the Capital Markets Authority, the Investors Unit conducts its business in accordance with the decisions of the company’s Board of Directors. This power is limited only by the provisions of law, regulatory instructions, the articles of association of the company, or general assembly decisions.
The Investors Affairs Unit shall also be responsible for providing data, information and other reports to current and potential investors, so that this Unit works independently to provide accurate information at the required time, including on the company's website to its users without any bias. It represents the company fairly, so that investors can make informed investment decisions.
The Investor Affairs Unit shall be an integral part of the corporate governance framework in the company, as the Unit manages information and channels through which the efforts of the Board of Directors and executive management are introduced.
A. GENERAL TASK:
Carry out any work or assignment from the Board of Directors to search for new investment opportunities in any of the global and emerging markets.
1. Submit a report to the Board of Directors on investment opportunities in different economic sectors, provided that these reports include a technical, economic and legal study. The head of the Unit may seek the assistance of external consultants if the need arises.
2. Emphasize the role of the head of the Investors Unit in protecting shareholders and investors
3. Ensure that all documents, financial statements and technical reports of investment opportunities are sent within the limits approved by the Board of Directors to investors through modern means of communication or any other method determined by the Board of Directors
4. Communicating with shareholders and informing them about the company’s strategy and activities and maintaining effective dialogue with investors
5. Protection of all the rights of its shareholders, including the rights of minority shareholders, as well as the rights of the various stakeholders in the company
6. Providing accurate and timely information regarding the company, including its financial position and its major shareholders
7. Encouraging shareholders to participate effectively in the general assembly meetings and granting them their rights in line with the company's Articles of Association and the prevailing laws and regulations, including the Companies Law
8. Submit the disclosures to shareholders on their scheduled dates, according to the requirements issued by the various regulatory authorities and the laws in this regard.
9. The company defines and protects the general rights of shareholders, in order to ensure fairness and equality among all shareholders, regardless of their levels.
B. OPERATIONAL ACTIVITIES:
1. Determine the types of financial and legal risks and the mechanism for avoiding risks for each investment opportunity presented by the head of the Unit.
2. Conduct a non-disclosure agreement when submitting any data or information about the company to others or any of the members of the company (whether shareholders or investors), taking into account the recommendations of the Board of Directors.
3. Providing recommendations to the Board of Directors in establishing companies or acquiring entities, companies, and investment assets, whether inside or outside Kuwait
4. Establishing effective communication channels that allow the company's shareholders to be informed in a continuous and periodic manner on the various activities of the company and any significant developments.
5. At the request of the Board of Directors, an annual report is prepared and read at the meeting of the company’s Board of Directors, which includes the results of the Unit’s functions and activities, the financial costs and the contracts recommended for the Board of Directors.
6. Reviewing and approving the Regulation of the Investors and Shareholders Affairs Unit on an annual basis and submitting the necessary suggestions and amendments, if any, to the Board of Directors.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
Mr. Naser AL Marri (Vice Chairman)
Address: Dar AlAwadi Complex, 27th Floor.
Ahmad Al-Jaber St, Sharq, State of Kuwait
Tel: (+965) 22266919
Fax: (+965) 22465992
Email : Investor@ncminvest.com